Sunday 16 November 2014

stop negative thoughts

1. Stopping negative thoughts doesn’t work. Avoiding negative thoughts is the best strategy. 2. Monitor your thoughts. Where are you when negative thoughts appear? What time is it? Is it at night-time? (That’s when my negative thoughts come. There’s about 5-30 minutes each night before bed when I question everything I’ve done. I sometimes feel sick to my stomach.) 3. Change the direction of thoughts. Think about something else. Go for a run. Sprint down the street. Do something other than what you’re currently doing. 4. Do not let others take you down “dark alleys” of negative thoughts. Your family, friends, and others may try bringing you down to their level. Disown your family if they bring you down. People who love you want to raise you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment