Tuesday 31 December 2013

How to stay motivated even when it’s really, really hard


Allow yourself to be in the moment (dude, with all of my passions and ideas, this is an easy one to struggle with) Walk or dance daily (yes please!) Do the work that’s aligned with your heart (I use my heart as a barometer; if my heart isn’t jazzed about a project, resource, or idea, it’s not for me.) Balance work and play (I LOVE to work. Being a coach is my passion, but there is a clear difference between working hard and effectively and just working too much.) Do something that scares you every day (I learned to do this in college. Whether it be putting myself out there with blog articles, speaking in front of big groups, or executing a new project, doing things that scare me keep me excited and keep the momentum going.) Build relationships and have “to the heart of the matter” conversations (whether it be with friends or new clients, this is the stuff that is important) View money as a means for seeing the world and for taking care of loved ones (moment of vulnerability: I have a love/hate relationship with money and so viewing it in positive ways can be hard for me, but stating it in this way, with my good intentions, can put my focus where it needs to be.) Pray and think outside of yourself (if I get too wrapped up inside of my own head, but motivation is toast. Looking outside of myself and focusing on others can help realign my goals.) Get some sun (this is physical and emotional for me. I need the Vitamin D from the sun, but I also need the good vibes it brings to me mentally. Plus, this reminds me to take breaks.) Eat for energy and health (again, food, for me, can be a stressor. If I eat with good intent, the overwhelm behind eating lessens.) Live with no regrets (this is the biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment