Tuesday 31 December 2013

my pledge


My Pledge for 2014 This is the year I blow the roof off I crank up my life so loud it explodes I leap with abandon as I shed my old skin I swoop and I float and I dive so low When I emerge from the depths My punch lands a blow that cracks the case open The thing I most wanted to know I can finally see The person I am, and what I’m meant to be Me The one you dismissed The one you don’t see The one you cut, like I’m butter and you’re a knife The one who’s been waiting and negotiating for my own life Everything I want is hiding in plain sight but was obscured While I waited for your decision, your permission and approval But this year that’s over, it’s all trash for removal No more crowdsourcing and agonizing about what others expect I’m here to command my reality and self-respect This year I am the master, my own muse and architect Keep your eyes on this space I am the meaning of success!

No comments:

Post a Comment