Friday 14 February 2014


abit #1: Give Time for Exercise (Physical) While working out in the morning is not my favorite, I love the feeling of having checked it off my list. I start my workday with a spring in my step feeling good that I have taken care of myself. Another good reason to try and workout in the morning is to create a buffer. If for some reason I am unable to exercise in the morning, I still have a few available slots in my day. I usually try to target lunchtime as a backup if I miss my morning exercise time. I didn’t have that buffer when I was focused on exercising in the evenings. Habit #2: Allow Time for Thinking (Mental) You will be amazed at how much stuff is swirling around in that brain of yours. You have ideas, thoughts, and to dos that need to be nurtured. The first step is to get it out of your head. I have a morning habit known as Morning Pages (read about the concept here). It is unstructured writing or journaling. The goal is to write at least 750 words first thing in the morning. You can write about anything. Let your mind wonder and write down whatever comes to mind. Once I get it all out, I go back over it and look for: Items I need to add to my to do list Reoccurring themes I need to deal with Ideas I need to nurture People I need to reach out to It really is amazing how much stuff comes bubbling to the surface when you just sit down and write. It is good for the mental side of you. You can also choose to read a good book as a way to feed your mental side as well. Another option is to listen to a podcast while exercising in order to do something for both the physical and the mental. Habit #3: Offer Time for Devotions (Spiritual) The spiritual side of me is extremely important. It is a reminder to me that I am a part of a bigger story that just my little world. There is a God that has created me. He desires to spend time with me. I do this by reading Scripture, praying, and spending time just being thankful. This also helps me to not only start my day off right, but to have the right attitude, perspective, and thought as I go throughout my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment